I had originally planned on posting once a week, but well, Christmas happened and stuff. I got a new Wacom Tablet for Christmas, which I promptly put to good use. Here's a self-portrait I drew for your viewing pleasure.
I would love to get some ideas of how I could improve. Anyways, I don't have much else to say tonight, so I'm going back to playing Mass Effect 2.
THIS IS THE GREATEST PICTURE I HAVE EVER SEEN!!!
ReplyDeleteUh, thank you, Mystery Man (or Woman).
ReplyDeleteThis is awesome-I love the concept/pose and the squid a lot, it's very amusing and wonderful. The use of colors is really great too-it works well and is pleasing to look it. The lines in this is really solid too (actual lines and implied lines). I also enjoy the dolphin thing(or shark?) in the back, it's placed well and adds some visual interest to what would other be a whole lot of boring negative space.
ReplyDeleteAs for ideas for improvement-the text you put on for the background doesn't really read as water and doesn't go with the other textures you have going on in the drawing. Like the realistic look of the bubbles goes well with the line drawing of the self-portrait and the vectors on the squid but the canvas like texture in the back is throwing me and the picture off a bit...I don't know specifically how to improve that though-water is a tricky thing to get right. Your lighting and coloring of the water is dead on. If you could capture the same dept of realism in the bubbles as the water in the background-that might be a good thought to approach it like. Ahhh, wordy response....